We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
We have a great opportunity for a Tax Assistant to join our Tax Department, primarily supporting cross-tax compliance and reporting for the UK and Ireland. This is a mixed-tax role with the initial objective of assisting with delivery of best in class Corporation and Employment tax compliance reporting within a shared service environment.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Help produce Sky’s Corporation Tax returns in conjunction with the wider team.
– Individually produce some of Sky’s Corporation Tax Returns for review by Group Tax in London;
– Help produce Sky’s Employment Tax Returns (PAYE Settlement Agreement, Taxed Awards scheme etc.) for review by Group Tax in London;
– Manage CT61 compliance and other With-Holding Tax Requirements;
– Look for opportunities for continuous improvement by increasing automation and eliminating current non value-added processes;
– Support the wider Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax and Employment Tax projects, as required
– Build excellent and lasting relationships with your finance and business customers across Sky
– Ensure the delivery of value-adding management finance information, on time
– Adhere to internal controls, policies and procedures
– A degree qualification
– Potentially ATT, part qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA (Sky will support study for the relevant individuals)
– Proven previous Accounts Assistant experience preferably in the in-house Tax function of a large and complex business or within a big accountancy firm
– Excellent numeracy skills, with sound experience in book-keeping and MS Excel
– The drive to learn, change and develop with a desire to be involved in best practice, continuous improvement and the belief in better
– A personable and self-motivated personality
– An understanding of financial accounting and either experience of Corporate/Employment tax compliance or a strong desire to specialize in that area
– Experience of working in a shared service environment
– Excellent time-management skills and reliability under pressure
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about