We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Development & Test Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Development & Test Team within Data Technology & Analytics, you’ll help deliver technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the development lifecycle.
– Produce deliverables that follow the development standards and principles, on time.
– Produce a detailed breakdown of development and test tasks on projects.
– Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input.
– Assist with the mentoring of associate developers and colleagues during the project lifecycle.
– Adhere to the end to end change processes in a timely manner.
– Experience of working within an agile framework
– Can demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Can demonstrate a strong ability to collaborate
– In depth understanding of Data Warehousing best practices and principles
– Understanding and experience of traditional ETL tools such as Informatica and BI tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
– Languages – Python, PySpark, SQL
– Experience of dimensional modelling concepts
– Experience using versioning tools such as Git or Subversion
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about