We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Operational Infrastructure Services Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Our focus is on delivering the highest quality broadband and telephony network, enabling Sky to offer the best broadband and talk products in the market.
– Take responsibility for building and maintaining UNIX systems that make up the infrastructure estate.
– Gather requirements from various design, development and application specialist teams to build infrastructure platforms for broadband and talk systems.
– Ensure all implementations are fully documented for audit and support purposes.
– Perform maintenance and updates of existing systems to mitigate failures and increase security.
– Work as a member of the team to facilitate improvements and increase the efficiency of the department.
– Develop our virtualisation platform using ansible and puppet.
– Champion the value of the team within the business as a whole.
– Work oncall once every 2 months to support the platforms.
– Be willing to travel across sites (London & St Albans) to support the platforms.
– At least three years’ experience working in a large organisation maintaining an estate of at least 50 servers.
– Redhat 6,7,8 Administration skills including Kickstart and LVM.
– Storage Systems (local) skills.
– UNIX shell scripting skills including Python or Perl.
– TCP/IP awareness.
– Puppet/ansible/chef experience.
– The ability to produce clear documentation on technical processes and procedures.
– The ability to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about