We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Digital Capabilities Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for conveying the vision and functional elements necessary to deliver on the product strategy and goals.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and document detailed requirements for the My Sky app.
Be the business expert for regarding solutions, market trends and new opportunities:
– Liaising with other areas of the business to maximise our potential and align roadmaps
– Share knowledge and coordinate backlogs
– Ensuring capabilities are understood and exploited
– Be involved in our customer closeness programmes, research and optimisation insight to gain deeper user insights
– Administration and planning of development roadmaps
– Create user stories in the product backlog to support development of Sky Customer Service products, services and applications
– Fulfil the Product Owner role in an agile development team to define requirements, prioritise backlogs and UAT functionality
– Manage relationships with any 3rd party suppliers, maintaining the correct service levels and supporting initiatives for mutual benefit
– Produce business cases for future projects
– Understanding of iOS and Android software development
– Experience of working in agile development operating models
– Ability to translate business vision and strategy into real requirements
– Budget accountability/business case creation
– Leadership and motivation of development teams
– Strong analytical skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyse, and document information.
– Excellent communications skills are also essential, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
– Great experience at problem solving, have an inquisitive nature, and you are a self-learner
– Strong interest in innovation particularly in mobile technologies and
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about