We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment brand, with over 23 million customers across seven countries. Think top-quality shows, breaking news, innovative technology – we make life better by entertaining and connecting people. Whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, it’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As NOW TV is part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one-off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as an excellent pension scheme, yearly bonus plan and private health care. You’ll also have access to continuous training and over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts a number of subsidised restaurants, gym facilities, a large cinema, barber/hair salon, grocery stores, laundry service, mail delivery offices and much more to make your day with us even more enjoyable.
You’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, see value in established practices such as XP, TDD and BDD, have experience in CI/CD and be well-versed in Agile methodologies.
- Develop excellent quality software using Agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Help the team in choosing the best solution and technologies for the tasks at hand
- Take a pro-active role on production issues and release management
- Contribute to the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
- Solid skills in Scala, Java, TDD and BDD, as well as RESTful Web Services, SQL, JPA, Hibernate, Architectural/Integration Design Patterns, Git and Linux
- Delivery experience within an Agile project is essential
- Experience with software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- Knowledge of/experience with a wide range of open source and commercial technologies
- Some experience with Spray/Play frameworks and Spring MVC as well as knowledge of Cloud-based service delivery is beneficial
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
- A track record of getting the job done and an enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
To find out more about working with us search for #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
*We’re happy to talk about flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about