We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are sitting in the Heart of the department, acting as a centre of excellence around Data Persistence Technologies. My team is responsible to provide consultancy, centralised tooling, create standard policies and principles, ensuring the company is leveraging the best tools for the right tasks. We’re looking for creative individuals to join our team and gain exposure to some of the most exciting projects we’ve ever worked on” – Snr. Site Reliability Engineer
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Design, create and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
– Troubleshooting and problem solving
– Contribute to the stability and security of the environment
– Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
– Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
– Define process and best practices for reliable and timely delivery of quality products
– Communicate work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way
– Configuration management (example: Ansible/Puppet/Terraform/Chef)
– CI/CD (Jenkins / Concourse / GoCD / GitLab)
– Networking (entry level Networking: e.g. LB,Routing,Switching)
– Virtualisation (VMWare / Openstack / Xen)
– Containerisation (entry-level, (eg docker/Kubernetes))
– CloudPlatforms (AWS/GCP/Azure/OPC)
– Monitoring (Prometheus, Nagios, Icinga)
– Logging (Splunk/ELK)
– Scripting / System-Programming (Python,Bash,Go,Java)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about