We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
At NOW TV we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Family
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
You will report to and provide advice and support to the Head of Software Engineering for Clients and CMS.
As a Delivery Manager for the Roku BrightScript teams, you will have line management responsibility for at least one Scrum Master and other key delivery resources, across two locations; London and Lisbon.
– Lead and coach Scrum Masters, managing the delivery of the roadmaps and establishing and agreeing best practice to improve the predictability, efficiency and quality of software delivery
– Build an effective working relationship with the Stakeholders requesting delivery from your team.
– Educate business stakeholders on the benefits of agile delivery and influencing their behaviour to support this delivery method.
– On a case by case basis, act as the lead delivery manager for projects that span various delivery managers within Sky Technology
– Provide management reporting on the delivery status of your area. Balancing the requests for a defined delivery date, from stakeholders, with the agile delivery method.
– Monitor, assess and track the demands and funding for resources across your area and ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet the customer demands whilst ensuring effective & efficient delivery.
– Work with senior leadership of other delivery streams inside and outside of the team to negotiate and agree how dependencies will be managed and assured.
– Develop and coach delivery personnel to improve their personal and collective performance as Scrum Masters and delivery professionals.
– Use cutting-edge practices in Project Management, Product design, Requirement Analysis, Automation & Unit Testing in a software development environment.
– Commercial experience in managing software development teams, including managing people managers, in a commercial agile environment at Delivery Manager / Engineering Manager level.
– Proven capability in managing team dynamics, building team relationships, mentoring and coaching team members, and delivering feedback.
– Experience in release planning, estimation, capacity and finance planning and managing project risks in a multi-Scrum environment.
– Experience with Extreme Programming, Scrum and other agile techniques.
– Management experience of full life-cycle system development with teams of developers, analysts, and testers/QAs.
– Ideally, awareness of the Roku BrightScript development language and Roku’s device and application ecosystem through your experience of delivering Production-scale Roku application(s).
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about