We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Sky’s one of the UK’s largest advertisers. And here at Sky Works we service this giant account. We’re a team of skilled, experienced professionals. We can take a brief from concept to delivery. We work on integrated campaigns across media. And we love what we do. Our objective as an agency is simple: capture peoples’ hearts and minds, and compel them to buy Sky products and services. Right now, we’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious mid-weight copywriter who can do just that. If you’re working at an ad agency, ready for your next challenge and want to join a creative agency that’s really going places, get in touch”. Nigel Edginton-Amor, Creative Director.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our Creative Department as a copywriter, just as we’re growing in both size and presence.
– Play a key role in helping Sky Works expand, fuel our growing creative reputation and prove beyond doubt that the best work is always the most effective work.
– Have a chance to work across a wide range of Sky brands such TV, Broadband and Mobile.
– Become a brand guardian for copy, whilst becoming a fount of knowledge and information about Sky.
– Be in at the start as we grow our copywriting team and Creative Department, expand and promote our service offering to the business and take on new and exciting projects.
– Had a university education on a creative advertising course rather than a background in journalism or editorial.
– Writing skills and actually loves writing. Punchy short copy. Absorbing long copy. Killer headlines and compelling calls to action.
– The ability to express your ideas and apply your writing skills across media: from 48-sheet posters to emails, DM to print ads and more.
– The ability to make a persuasive case for our clients’ products and services. And sell them. But you’ll understand you’re the customer’s advocate (not the client or agency’s).
– Your copy will always be driven by human insight, and you’ll be focussed on capturing both hearts and minds.
– Insatiably curious and relentless in your pursuit of excellence, you’ll be both technically proficient and dedicated to the craft of writing.
– An ability to persuasively present and defend your ideas and their execution.
– Skills to naturally think outside the box and your work will push the envelope. But you’ll never write any clichés like those.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about