We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our People Experience Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This role is based on the Product Owner (PO) role in Agile. It is responsible for maximising the value of the team’s product suite for Sky employees. The key responsibilities of the role include Stakeholder Management; Product Visioning; Road mapping and Backlog Ordering form.
– Be the voice of the customer and relentless in the pursuit of a great employee experiences at Sky
– Be data-driven and promote a ‘test and learn’ culture to validate assumptions about our customers and test the highest risk elements first
– Deeply understand the goals of the PED function and the drivers of success in order to help shape the roadmap and manage stakeholder needs and wants
– Manage and order the backlog based on the highest customer and commercial impact
– Define and create user stories in the product backlog
– Work closely with the Scrum master to prioritise the team’s workstack so they can deliver the most value to the most people
– Help evolve existing products, shape new products and closedown products, if required, based on data and evidence. To do this you will ask probing questions and challenge assumptions
– Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand the context, problems and opportunities the team can help solve. You will champion and articulate the PED vision when managing stakeholder expectations and requirements
– Proactively manage relationships across HR, SME’s and the wider business to help the team be as efficient and effective as possible
– Deep experience working with Agile (or Design Thinking) OR deep experience of HR, particularly the specialism of employee experience
– Lots of senior stakeholder management experience (the trickier the better!)
– Exceptional communication skills which will enable you to articulate the work and vision to multiple groups (employees, leaders, HR)
– Plenty of experience understanding complex business problems using data and insight, shaping reasonably simple solutions, and making the right impact
– The ability and gravitas to drive both a culture of experimentation within the team, and to challenge and probe stakeholders needs effectively
– A genuine interest in people and relationships, putting human beings first
– An interest in technology as an enabler of human centred solutions
– Demonstrable learning agility (e.g. a relevant degree or equivalent)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about