We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV family
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Python Software Developer you will be a disciplined professional that displays technical aptitude and will possess a level of business insight. You will work in a dedicated product stream as part of a self-organising and empowered team (Agile). In bi-weekly iterations you will showcase the functionality you have completed to the Product Sponsor and partners and deliver high-quality working software to a production environment.
– Deliver production-ready running tested Python software as part of a mostly-Java stack of components (Java experience is desirable, but not strictly required)
– You will work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support).
– Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives.
– Collaborate with the Product Owner to write user stories, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk.
– Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied.
– You have experience working with Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
– Shown delivery experience of large-scale, Python-based backend projects
– Experience in Python 3 or 2.6+, RESTful APIs and Testing tools & mock frameworks
– Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana
– You are an individual who demonstrates active and conscious awareness of their environment, sensing and anticipating situations and being able to ask the right questions at the right time with exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
– You are persistent, energising and motivates influence and comfortable with pair programming and test/behaviour-driven development.
– Flask (experience with Django or other web-framework will also be considered)
– Dev ops and experience with Docker and Kubernetes
– Experience with performance testing frameworks, e.g. Gatling, J-Meter and understanding of complex data structures (e.g. graphs) and efficient Python implementations
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better