We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘The HR Legal team is a friendly and collaborative team consisting of a paralegal, PA/paralegal, Legal Counsel and a Head Counsel who reports to a Director of Legal. The team is responsible for advising the business on all aspects of employment law across all parts of its business in UK and Ireland’ – Head Counsel
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role of Senior Legal Counsel, employment, exists primarily to provide high quality business focused advice in the most sustainable and effective manner to the business to add real value and differentiate Sky from its competitors and to support other team members and to enable HR to do the same.
– Support the Legal Counsel and paralegal in carrying out tribunal litigation – this is a largely an in-house model save for advocacy
– Be supporting the HR team with employment queries
– Support change programmes both TUPE and redundancy
– Support M & A activity
– Offer Policy and immigration advice
– Proactively advising on changes to the law and the impact this may have on Sky’s business
– Carrying out training, where required
– Be expected to work largely unsupervised, so you must be confident to run your own workload
– At least 4 years post qualification experience
– Excellent communication skills to enable you to engage appropriately with HR colleagues and the business at different levels in the organisation
– Excellent organisational skills
– The ability to prioritise competing deadlines
– The ability to provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice to all levels of the business
– Up to date employment law expertise
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about