We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our UK & ROI Security Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Formulate and manage the delivery of proactive creative content protection PR campaigns
– Effectively be managing a wide range of reactive issues with a wide range of media with a focus on content protection
– Support the running of a best in class strategy operating in an integrated way across platforms and channels
– Build relationships with key journalists, commentators and industry bodies and Act as a trusted source of company commentary in the media
– Positioning Sky as a sector-leading expert on matters relating to content and protecting IP
– Be the day to day media contact for corporate media, across Business, Tech, Media and Telco relating to creative content protection
– Work with Law Enforcement and Industry agencies to support communicating awareness of the harm of IP Infringement
– Act as a counsellor to business stakeholders on corporate content protection issues, ensuring that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements
– Partner with public and regulatory affairs colleagues to support Sky’s policy objectives, and manage our reputation in a dynamic environment
– Experience in creating coordinated and effective strategies with both short and long-term goals
– Preferred 7 years PR / Corporate Communications experience, ideally within a consumer-facing regulated sector and aligned to protection of intellectual property and creative content
– Good understanding of digital communications, including social media and owned content
– Good relationships with relevant media across TMT and Consumer Affairs
– Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with staff at all levels and disciplines, including Executive management and representing the business in Industry and Government, securing involvement and co-operation in executing strategies
– Established and practical experience of working with or for a communications service and broadcast environment, or other intellectual property role with similar responsibility
– Strong leadership, listening and analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
– Proactive and self-motivated skills with a desire for continuous improvement including through membership of trade associations, professional bodies and industry and government bodies
– A thorough understanding of the Intellectual Property issues and especially where relevant to large corporate bodies, coupled with the ability to identify the key issues and apply them to the wider strategic business framework
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about