We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We’re looking for a creative broadcast journalist to join our team supplying national and international news, sport, business and entertainment news to the UK’s commercial radio network and on-demand platforms.” – Dave Terris, Editor, Sky News Radio
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Radio Journalist, you will be part of the team writing and broadcasting news, sport, business and entertainment news for the UK’s commercial radio network and on-demand platforms.
– Be writing radio news copy and cues, editing audio, compiling and broadcasting live timed news bulletins
– Be producing creative long and short form packages and podcasts
– Arrange and carry out interviews
– Be contributing story ideas, angles and treatments
– Work a shift pattern which includes weekends and overnights
– Demonstrate strong editorial judgement
– Be working closely with all Sky News platforms
– Be liaising with our client radio stations and external partners
– At least three years’ experience as a broadcast journalist in radio
– Excellent broadcasting voice
– A passion for news and current affairs
– Solid radio production experience
– Firm understanding of media law and compliance
– All applications MUST be accompanied by an audio demo
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about