We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead to join the Transactional Communications team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
* The team responsibilities include analysis, design and development of new solutions from small fix through to full solutions
* Development of enterprise applications and off-the-shelf packages
* Drive the technical delivery of changes for a number of applications from a component design perspective.
* Drive the Offshore development to ensure we are future proofing the platform
* Working closely with Operational On-Shore teams to provide technical expertise.
* Monitoring ensuring applications are stable and high performing at all times with an ongoing vision for continual improvement
* Continually reviewing the Transactional communication solutions to ensure we are working to a strategic vision
* Ensure you are working closely with the Solution Architects for the wider Sky vision.
* Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, vendors and other technology teams
* Proven experience in multi-disciplinary technologies
* Come from a technology background that encompasses a wide breadth of technologies, including Oracle DBs and SQL, Java, Apex and Restful services as well as vendor supplied applications that have been customised and integrate with other applications
* Experience in managing multiple work-streams and technologies aligning to the overall vision
* The ability to manage multiple changes to tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Adaptable to change, open to new ideas, and the ability to take on new responsibilities
* Highly effective, positive and influential communication style
* The ability to build & maintain effective relationships across IT and business areas within Sky and external partners to ensure knowledge and experience are shared for the benefit of all parties
* Delivered in agile and waterfall methodologies
* A strong desire to grow and develop technical capabilities to become the subject matter expert
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about