We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Production Services provide production services for all of Sky’s Content Creation teams – Sport, Sports News, Creative & Entertainment; we also provide our services to Independent Production Houses. We have over 700 talented people who make sure that our customers have a great content experience; from the pictures they see to the sound they hear.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
as a Technical Supervisor in Sky Studios be required to work across a broad range of Technical Production areas, as the technical lead in studios and galleries.
– Take on production technical ownership, ensuring our clients feel confident you are the go to technical person on the production. Across all crafts, manage any changes or problems that occur and facilitate successful production completion, guaranteeing all client requirements are met and positions manned.
– Pre-plan and prepare, as well as certify extensive knowledge of client technical production brief and requirements on your productions, followed by production evaluation, suggesting and implementing improvements, mitigating future risks and more efficient ways of working
– Work across all technical areas: galleries, studios, automation and enhanced control rooms
– Be responsible for the technical quality of the signal being recorded or broadcast (use various measuring devices and displays to ensure quality control)
– Be required to manage Vision Control duties – matching the exposure and colour balance of the cameras (“Racking”)
– Maintain and develop appropriate comprehensive technical documentation
– Be responsible for floor vision monitoring, in vision monitoring, projection systems, vision signal path management and first line maintenance procedures and escalation.
– Provide 1st line technical support acting as the key point of contact for incidents affecting studio operations
– Work with the team to constantly evaluate and update equipment, processes and provide creative ideas and solutions to enhance productions and the client experience
– Work closely with the Director to deliver Sky Sports output through the gallery. Have a thorough understanding of each other’s responsibilities to work as effectively as possible together
– High motivation, with a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
– Well informed and up to date knowledge on broadcast developments and production processes.
– A comprehensive understanding of all aspects technical studio processes and equipment in a Ross automation driven production environment
– All inclusive knowledge of setting up & operating a live studio, including Calrec audio system, EVS servers, Chyron, Shotoku robotics and Sony cameras.
– Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technical equipment
– A practical understanding of all related disciplines in live and studio TV production
– Strong organisational skills.
– Excellent client facing skills
– Be able to step into any studio environment on events and issues affecting technical operations
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about