We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are the Editorial Policy and Compliance Team and we work across the wide range of Sky’s content we would really love an experienced and enthusiastic person to come and join our busy Compliance department.”
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Comply both Commissioned and Acquired programme content in a fun and busy team using excellent attention to detail and a ‘can-do attitude’ to ensure programmes are compliant and hit their transmission deadlines.
– Practically apply your understanding of Ofcom, other regulatory Codes, and Sky’s own Editorial Policy across our range of content
– Work on Commissioned content, liaising with commissioners, internal and external production teams, advising on scripts and treatments, attend pre-production meetings & live studio recordings
– Implement Sky’s Editorial policy when complying content
– Deliver compliant content for all Sky platforms and content categories including Sky Entertainment and Sport channels, Sky Cinema, Sky Q, Adult, UHD/HDR, Sky Kids, continuity, promos
– Understand Ofcom’s Regulatory reporting obligations
– Have an understanding of industry standard desktop editing software and file management
– Produce edit instructions across all of Sky’s systems – currently Ardome, EasyCut, PreCut & PreSeg and ensuring all programme metadata is entered including durations, end credit information, audio configuration, and media identifiers
– Deal with Viewer complaints & Ofcom investigations post transmission including drafting Regulator and Viewer responses
– Approximately 2 years working knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and other industry codes/guidelines with a proven ability to quickly interpret and articulate relevant rules to key stakeholders
– Experience in either an editorial compliance role or a comparable discipline within a commercial broadcast environment
– Experience within Commissioned content, working with Commissioning teams and liaising with 3rd party suppliers
– A working knowledge of Avid / equiv. editing software and file management
– Knowledge of the programme making process
– Good awareness of the wider broadcasting environment including interactive television and new multi-platform services
– Proven ability to influence staff across all levels, including those at a senior level
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about