We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV family
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As Junior Software Developer you’ll be passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other smart people and interested in learning and using Agile methodologies to add value to Sky’s products and services.
– Learn and apply software engineering principals and technology.
– Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
– Contribute to and help maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
– Assist with Investigating, troubleshooting and performing detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
– Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, and management to assist with the effective delivery of these systems.
– Experience using Java in a professional environment;
– Experience with Agile development, preferably Scrum or Kanban, and especially pair programming and code review.
– Experience with Java 8 features;
– Understanding of HTTP, and use of HTTP libraries;
– Experience with using Cloud or container based environments, especially AWS or Kubernetes;
– Experience assisting with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues;
– Exposure to modern software engineering practices such as: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito and JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration such as Jenkins, TDD.
– An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
– Take pride and ownership in your work
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about