Get involved in every aspect of Commercial Strategy and Planning. Identify new market opportunities and the latest products. Define our quarterly and annual commercial plans. Manage sales and retention. This internship will help you understand the marketplace, and our position in it.
You could take on an internship in:
- Propositional Development: decide which new products and services we should launch with the help of a clear strategy, as well as customer insights.
- Media Planning: work with creative agencies to decide how we should spend our budget.
- Trading Performance: improve sales and customer retention by fine-tuning our pricing and promotion strategies, as well as the channels we use.
Nothing happens on-screen without the talented people behind the scenes, working their magic every day at Sky. Join us for an internship and you’ll be working in a fun, fast-moving environment. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position on our Business Strategy programme once you graduate – starting September 2024.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyse the TV market and competitor activity to inform commercial plans
- Collate insights on broader trends in TV and technology
- Gather and review best practices from other functions on successful embedding of competitor insights
- Lead collation of cross-functional updates on key activities and projects
- Work closely with Finance and Insight teams
- Support on other relevant team priorities e.g. analysis of outputs from research projects, project progress updates
- Find new ways to leverage and streamline team activity and workflow.
- This internship is based in Osterley, west London
- This internship will be 8 weeks
- Expected start July 2023.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any subject, and in your penultimate year.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- A great verbal and written communicator
- People orientated with strong organisational skills
- Detail focussed
- Proactive and keen to drive improvements
- A problem solver, with skills to overcome obstacles and find creative alternatives.
Your application journey
Step 1 – Submit your application on our system. We’ll be asking for your personal details, academic information and anything else that you think would be relevant such as work experience. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it.
Step 2 – Complete our online digital assessments. These look at your Sky fit and your business fit. Why not pop onto our dedicated Prep hub to familiarise yourself with some of these digital assessments before completing them. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice each of these assessments beforehand, so please read our email instructions carefully. We’ve added some tips to help you along the way.
Step 3 – For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to our virtual assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into what it’s like to work in a Commercial team and will assess your commercial aptitude. Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
How you’ll be supported
Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path, or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Digital Development – Whenever you want it. Access 3,000 LinkedIn Learning courses at a time that suits you. We’ll suggest courses that we think are key, then it’s over to you.
Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with a grad who’s been there and done it and have a manager who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The current closing date for applications is 2nd January 2023. Things move quickly around here, so applications may close early. Apply now to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.