Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We have a vision to create the world’s greatest streaming platform – our e-commerce product is a fundamental part of that, and our CMS is the critical component that empowers our global and local commerce teams to create engaging experiences for our users that convert.
What you’ll do:
• As Product Owner, you’ll help to craft a clear vision for our web CMS and work closely with our development team to realise that vision through incremental improvements and delivery of wider critical initiatives.
• Take ownership of the global product backlog to step change our web content management (CMS) platform – used on our Sales websites across Sky’s European streaming businesses – and own the delivery of that change – along with supporting on major group initiatives you’ll play a part in.
• Be a core member of our product team, interacting daily with our team of developers, testers, analysts and architects to realise our product vision, working within an agile development framework.
• Collaborate with user experience specialists, visual designers, copy editors, merchandisers, web product owners – and many more – to create new experiences and improve existing ones.
• Develop strong relationships with our different markets. Our CMS is used by Sky’s streaming businesses in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria – and from later this year, Italy. Work with in-market business teams to understand their goals and help them achieve their ambitions and targets – and you’ll need to help develop and improve an operating model to support this.
• Be user-centric in everything you do; whether that’s developing the next feature that’s going to take our customer experience to the next level or scaling a feature that our local ecommerce teams will love.
• Ensure that data is the main focus in decision making – enabling insights and analysis to drive and prioritise improvements, while providing clear direction to our business teams on how we’re performing.
What you’ll bring:
• A passion for media and technology – it’s at the core of what we do and are as a team.
• The aim to get things done and make a difference, and the calmness to ensure we keep focused on the bigger picture when things are challenging.
• Good balance of creativity and commercial skills, with phenomenal communication skills and an ability to prioritise on the go.
• Relevant work experience in media, or experience working in technology, a marketing team or ecommerce.
• Highly numerate, with the ability to identify and analysis appropriate data sources to draw data-driven conclusions.
• Meticulous; someone who is keen to learn and likes to fully understand how something works.
• Practical experience using or working with a web Content Management System is desirable.
We’re the Product Hub. We’re the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can’t wait to get started on what’s next.
Our Product Management team works closely with our design, delivery and business teams to create an unforgettable experience for our customers. From streaming products like NOW, to providing smart entertainment products like Sky Glass and Sky Go, and creating unforgettable Connected Living experiences, we’re the problem solvers who find smarter and simpler ways to connect customers to more of what they love.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.