Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you’ll do:
You will work in a team of Network Planners, Developers and Data Scientists to support the development of software and analytics capabilities for modelling Sky’s European network infrastructure and to drive the network strategy.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Data Engineering and Network Modelling
- Ingest and process network usage and commercial data
- Create capacity and economic network models
- Generate capacity and budget forecasts
- Network Analytics
- Apply data science methodologies to analyse and improve network performance and cost efficiency
- Develop Insights to support commercial objectives and present analysis/plans to relevant stakeholders up to UK CTO
- Software Development
- Develop and Deploy software to support data collection and interaction with delivery teams
- Design, Develop and Support Network Automation tools
- Stakeholder Management
- Extract and evaluate requirements from service owners
- Identify, modify, or create and document business processes
What you’ll bring:
You will have excellent knowledge and experience (gained in the industry) in the data science and SW development areas.
This is a highly dynamic role that will allow you to grow multidisciplinary skills in the Data Science, Network Modelling and Software Development domains.
- BSc in Computer Science (or similar)
- +3 years Industry experience developing and deploying Python applications
- Working experience with managing and analysing large data sets
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Statistical analysis and Machine Learning knowledge
- Modelling and trend analysis expertise
- Familiarity with mobile networks and data centre infrastructure
- Working experience deploying solutions on public cloud
- Practice with DevOps methodologies
The Network Data Science and Software team, part of Sky’s Engineering Division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning goals, including capacity planning, performance planning and network economics. We develop insights which reinforce planning decisions and support wider commercial objectives.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work,
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.