This role can be based in Osterley or Livingston.
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Reporting to the Data Governance Lead, you will play a key role in the implementation of Data Governance at Sky. You will interact with multiple business and IT domains to ensure that Data Governance processes are understood and implemented successfully.
What you’ll do:
• Help deliver the data governance strategy and implement data policies, rules and standards
• Contribute towards new data governance processes including the provision of centralised data governance services.
• Actively contribute towards the implementation of data governance tools as required, including data quality, data catalogues, data linage etc.
• Actively shape and contribute to the data governance solutions on each project, have a reputation for critical thinking and a strong data background.
• Have knowledge of data capture, update, usage and other core business processes that influence data life-cycle
• Actively carry out complex data analysis to support data governance decisions
What you’ll bring:
• A passion for data and be an advocate for treating data as an asset.
• Good knowledge of data governance tools and processes.
• In depth understanding of large-scale data, such as data warehousing or cloud based analytic solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial.
• The ability to anticipate problems, manage risk and highlight appropriately
• Experienced in the Project Lifecycle process / Software Development Lifecycle Process
• Have some experience in Collibra and/or other meta data management tools including data lineage, data dictionaries, master data management and data quality tools.
Group Data Hub:
Want to unlock the power of data? Our Group Data Hub works with millions of data transformations every day to deliver value, improve customer experience and enable new product launches. From architecture to analytics and engineering to science: it’s how we bring customers more of what they love.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.