Role can be based in Leeds or Osterley
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As we’re changing, we’re seeking a Head of Solutions to lead our Strategy and Architecture teams comprising of Technical Product Owners, Principal Engineers and Architects to design and evolve our world class Digital Identity Platform. You’ll be responsible for designing and engineering our Group Identity and Access Management platform that is at the heart of Sky, NOW and Comcast products like Peacock.
We’re looking for an expert in a broad range of systems, technologies and styles of architecture, to provide solutions and make evaluations that drive quality and engineering excellence. In conjunction with the wider Digital Technology GIAM leadership team, you will be responsible for creating a team structure capable of scaling to meet the ever-demanding strategic Digital demands from Sky and the wider Comcast group. You’ll create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is comfortable to be themselves and foster an environment that is fun yet challenging.
What you’ll do:
• Set a Technology Strategy and Vision for the GIAM platform, working closely with our product owners
• Lead Architects and Technical Product Owners to create and deliver innovative end-to-end solutions for products that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the Technology systems estate
• Understand customers, products and security needs and “sell” the proposed solution to stakeholders, ensuring cross-functional consensus is reached
• Support the Product and Engineering teams to continually improve the practices and technologies used both within GIAM technology and across the group
• Obsess over the performance and quality of the product in production, whether that be the quality of the code or the response time of an API
• Making good investment decisions such as building solutions in house, buying off-the-shelf or partnering with 3rd parties
• Build strong relationships across the business, at all levels, Comcast and, of course, Group Technology
What you’ll bring:
• Work in detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, balancing short term delivery decisions with the long-term commercial goals
• Ability to make good technical decisions and to convince others as to the merits and reasons for those decisions
• You must be able to lead and influence engineers and architects from the wider Technology team, especially cyber-security
• Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focused organisation
• Demonstrable track record in the design and delivery of leading-edge strategic business solutions from concept through implementation
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and R&D to gain a better understanding
Group Technology Digital Transformation
Want to create a smooth and uninterrupted digital experience for millions of customers? Then our Group Technology Digital Transformation is the team for you. Agile, collaborative, data-driven and diverse, our team works on brilliant products like NOW and Peacock. That’s not even the best part. We get to build our own software and our work has a global stage. Our team also delivers exceptional customer experiences and defines digital first propositions in customer journeys across all channels.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station. There’s also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.