Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The role of an Edit Assistant within SPS at Sky is to manage content from acquisition through to delivery. You will be expected to work within a busy Post Production environment and be able to understand and work within the confines of various workflows with meticulous detail. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered to deadlines in a professional and sustainable manner whilst ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the department.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support within the edit operations team for all areas of Post Production
- Support the editors before, during and after production
- Project & Media management Entertainment & sport shows.
- Working to complex HD, UHD & HDR workflows
- Log and report support and workflow issues
- Creation of AAF’s and EDL’s to be supplied to in house audio department
- Conforms/dynamic relink
- Create & QC master material
- Partake in training, support and mentoring junior members of the team
What you’ll bring:
- Professional working knowledge of Avid and other Editing Products within a Post Production/ broadcast environment.
- Working knowledge of Nexis/Interplay/Adobe Premiere/Baselight/Pro Tools and Fairlight is desirable
- High level working knowledge of video standards and codecs
- Practiced understanding of post-production workflows
- Strong communicator
- Effective time management and reporting
- Calm in a high-pressured environment
Sky Production Services
Sky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Post Production and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.