Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Graphics & Data Support Shift team is at the heart of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures on Sky’s high-profile broadcasts. Working on Sky flagship channels such as Sky News and Sky Sports News, as well as High Profile shows such as Soccer Saturday, Monday Night Football & SoccerAM. The shift team work on wide ranging technologies from Windows Administration to High End Graphics Software such as VizRT, Chyron, installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining. No two days are the same in fast paced & exciting broadcast environment.
What you’ll do:
• Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and for unplanned 24/7 support requirements.
• Lead all aspects of internal ticketing system and ensure that all open cases are being followed up and users/requesters are kept up to date
• Ensure system documentations are up to date and relevant
• To ensure that tasks allocated are carried out to a high level in an appropriate time frame.
• To ensure that tasks are always coordinated accurately for the hand over and hand back of live systems, to ensure that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
• To ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
• Raise to relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on resolution of incidents.
• To demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations where contending interests exist within the departments and with third parties
What you’ll bring:
• Experience within a digital television broadcast environment or similar technical environment.
• Experience of providing successful technical solutions through to BAU Operation
• Excellent communications and inter-personal skills
• Sound customer service, motivational and excellent troubleshooting skills
• Windows 10 Installation & Administration, Remote Administration, IIS and web hosting technologies, Jira, Ansible IT Automation, PowerShell & VB scripting Skills
• Active Directory Understanding, Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
• A good understanding of Networking to debug network issues
• Knowledge of Real Time Renderers such as VizRt, Chyron, Unity, Unreal Engine & Cloud Technologies such as AWS & Azure
We’re the Product Hub. We’re the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can’t wait to get started on what’s next.
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more passionate about who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.