Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Working under the direction of the Lighting Directors, Lighting Team Leaders and alongside a team of Electricians, the Lighting Electrician in Productions Studios is responsible for the safe rigging, setting and balancing of the lighting systems and installations on our productions for clients across Sky Sports, Sky News and Entertainment.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure studio/location electrical installations are maintained to current standards of electrical safety.
- Carry out front line maintenance of the lighting facilities and associated systems.
- Be an active member of the Lighting team on our productions – rigging, setting, balancing studio/location lighting individually from a prepared plot or under direction.
- Be able to step into any studio environment on events and issues affecting lighting operations and standards in studios.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in the role of Lighting Electrician, preferably in a broadcast Studio environment and a proven track record of successful technical delivery.
- Must hold or be working towards completing a City & Guilds 2360 (or equivalent) Electrical Qualification, 18th Edition & BS7909.
- Can work well and communicate effectively with clients and talent when under pressure, delivering the right result for the production and the department
- A strong work ethic, with Production experience and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary.
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.