Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The purpose for the role would be Owning Network design activities for new solutions, features, hardware, and software delivered into Sky IP Network.
What you’ll do:
- Elicit business and technical requirements working with various partners during requirements capture phase.
- Author high level and low-level design documents to support Telco services
- Own software/hardware selection perform bug scrubs and security vulnerability assessments and work with test and delivery engineers to review test plans, defects, test reports, MOP and change tickets.
- Participate in vendor selection by providing technical requirements into RFP document and by doing technical evaluation including Technical Proof of Concept testing.
- Steer network security elements’ feature roadmap by working closely with our strategic technology partners for software release planning, budget submissions and provide inputs for case preparation.
- Drive platform improvements enable automation and implement new solutions that enable DevOps capabilities and support business strategy of building once and deploy multiple time.
What you’ll bring:
- Fortinet NSE4 certification and Strong hands-on experience of FortiGate firewalls, FortiAnalyser and fortimanager
- Solid understanding of firewall architecture
- Good understanding of configuring firewall policies, address objects, NAT, Interfaces, Zones, Dynamic Routing (BGP), Logging
- Good understanding of routing and switching specially of Nokia SROS devices would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, F5 LTM/GTM and Mobile 5G SA technologies would be advantageous
- Ability to apply Open-config and Vendor specific NETCONF-YANG models, JSON and XML payload for network automation to configure and manage firewalls would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of Python and GIT to manage configuration templates
- Possess superb communication skills (both written and verbal) to convey Risks, obtain sign-off, timely call out issues to management, and send weekly project updates
Group Communications and Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you’ll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We’re the team that designs, builds, supports, and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and varied community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town center. Plus, there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes, and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidized canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognized by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organization.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.