Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Join the experts in the Content Protection team at Sky. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, developing the software that steers us to success.
What you’ll do:
• Have a leading role within Content Protection team on business-critical systems which allow customers to get the content they love.
• Working in our DevOps team, you’ll support the development teams to operate at their best and play a key role in the Deployment, Monitoring and Security of platforms that support Sky’s innovative TV Products such as our recent Sky Glass product and Group wide Subscriber Card Management programmes.
• Use cutting-edge public-cloud and on-premises technology and modern development practices you’ll directly contribute to the success of current and future products for Sky.
• Deliver new platforms and practices within our high performing DevOps team.
What you’ll bring:
• Experience of DevOps best practice from working on complex systems in a fast-paced environment.
• Skills in release management, CI/CD and ability to support a range of systems in high availability estate.
• Knowledge of Agile Development approaches such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing.
You may also have experience of:
• Developing in Python or Perl.
• Administering databases such as Oracle or PostGres.
• System administration on CentOS or Red Hat with tools such as Ansible or Puppet.
• Cloud deployment frameworks such as CDK, CloudFormation or Serverless.
• Operating AWS services such as VPCs, API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora.
We’re the Product Hub. We’re the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can’t wait to get started on what’s next.
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Sky 4 Livingston:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.