Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Global OTT Design Team (including the UK brand, NOW) are undergoing an exciting and upbeat transformation as we craft the very future of video content across TV, next-gen’ consoles, mobile and web. Delivering innovative and industry-leading experiences with a bold and revolutionary plan for the future. The team are forward-thinking design specialists working across multiple channels – we truly are shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s amazing content and services.” – Dr Kirk Barron, Head of UX, Global OTT Design
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our customers’ needs.
- Implement UX Design work that adheres to standard methodology UCD and brand standards across Sky’s product portfolio.
- Help to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends.
- Work with partner groups inside Group Product’s delivery function including product owners, engineers, researchers and content marketing to represent and advocate the value of UX design and User Centred Design practices.
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design.
- Collaborate with design and development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns
- Act as mentor to UX Designers and share knowledge across the team.
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive experience with a specific focus on UX Design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organisation.
- Proven experience of UCD design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Experience conducting usability testing; demonstrating an ability to plan, conduct and analyse your own studies using in-person, remote or online methods.
- Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs.
- Experience working within a high pressure delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets.
- Proficient understanding of the latest tools and applications such as Sketch, InVision, or Adobe creative suite.
- Experience of running discovery & design workshops, helping drive alignment and innovation through experiences we deliver.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.