Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Join the experts in the Content Protection team at Sky. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, developing the software that steers us to success.
What you’ll do:
• Have a Leading role within Content Protection team on business-critical systems which allow customers to get the content they love.
• Lead and Design the Development of innovative TV Products and leading Content Protection projects such as our recent Sky Glass product and Group wide Subscriber Card Management Programmes.
• Use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products for Sky.
• Lead Software Engineers and develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work
What you’ll bring:
• Experience of leading software development teams on complex systems on a fast-paced environment.
• Development leadership skills and experience in Python 3.6+ for our new product development roadmap.
• Experience of other development languages also considered.
• Valuable to have experience of: AWS services including API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB. Cloud Deployment frameworks such as CDK, CloudFormation or Serverless.
• Leadership of Agile Development approaches such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing also helpful.
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus, there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.