Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Business Development Executive role is an opportunity to join a fun, fast paced and dynamic team that sell our product across the UK and Ireland. We’re looking for people who are motivated to succeed, want to continue to grow our team, have a passion for working in a sales environment and can do all that with a smile on their face! If that’s you – we’d love to hear from you,” Joe Strudwick, National Sales Manager
What you’ll do:
– You’ll be responsible for new business sales within a designated territory. Spending your time pursuing your own leads and achieving a quarterly acquisition target.
– Sell based on a clear framework, demonstrating return on investment to retail our premium product.
– Build a network amongst partner businesses to become a specialist within your territory and be seen as the lead point of contact for the licensed sector.
– Use data and our bespoke CRM system to ensure you optimally plan your time and deliver on monthly and quarterly campaigns
– Collaborate with our contact centre and field teams to best serve both our customers and prospects, delivering the outstanding service levels that our brand demands.
– Embrace diversity. Our field team, like our customers are diverse and unique individuals. We believe that we will flourish with an inclusive environment where we can share varied opinions.
What you’ll bring:
– Self-motivation – Our staff are field based and will have to plan and prioritise their time to be efficient.
– Resilience – We have a premium product that requires us to constantly seek to understand our prospects’ businesses and demonstrate how we can increase their profits.
– Resourcefulness – Change and working at pace are things we pride ourselves on. A BDE must be able to adapt and deliver quickly whilst consistently looking to improve.
– Positivity – The BDE’s are the face of our brand. It’s meaningful to us that you’re a positive ambassador, that always models our values.
– Ambition – We’re an ambitious business with bold plans and our people are at the centre of them. We encourage all our people to have live development plans and want them to invest in their growth
Sky Business TV
Sky Business is the business-to-business division of Sky. We provide a wide variety of commercial premises across the UK and ROI with unrivalled entertainment, unmissable live sport and breaking news – connecting and entertaining millions of people every day. We also provide communication services to its customers including Sky WiFI and Sky Ethernet. Our heartland is the licensed trade – pubs, bars and hotels – but we also provide entertainment and connectivity services to oil rigs, sports stadiums, offices, care homes and hospitals, just to name a few.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
The role will be field based and you will be supplied with a company vehicle.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.