Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Graphics & Data Support Team is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT Solutions on Sky’s high-profile broadcasts. This role will provide technical support in our Remote-control center working closely with production and other technical teams across Sky.
What you’ll do:
• Support, maintain and build live remote broadcast solutions at Osterley on a shift pattern.
• Configure and test broadcast equipment before deployment and ensure system documentations are up to date and relevant
• To ensure that tasks are always coordinated properly in a time critical manner for the hand over and hand back of live systems.
• To ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
• Raise to relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on resolution of incidents.
What you’ll bring:
• Experience guaranteeing production facilities for television.
• Excellent communication, customer service and be self-motivated.
• Practical knowledge of video and audio routing using current broadcast standards and experience of technical problem solving.
• Good understanding of Networking and how to debug IT problems.
• Knowledge of real time broadcast graphics solutions such as VizRt and Chyron.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Free access to NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with the option to swap shifts with other team members.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.