Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re looking for creative individuals with a keen eye for detail to join our team and enhance our world class output across all platforms. If you can embrace the fast-paced nature of sports broadcasting, then this could be for you.
What you’ll do:
- Operate automation technology live on air for transmission of programmes.
- Use automation to increase options for reliably producing complex sequences.
- Spot any errors or conflicts in the rundown while the programme is on air, and correct to work within automation using NRCS or automation client
- Break out of automation when the situation demands and work “on the fly”, returning the programme to automation when appropriate.
- You’ll demonstrate a good working knowledge of multi-camera directing, lighting, sound, graphics, media content delivery and auto-cue.
- Ability to use automation technology and understand how it links to gallery devices, such as the vision and sound mixers, graphics and video play-out and camera robotics.
- Camera shot selection via robotics.
- Coordinate and direct production, crew, talent and remote sources.
- Work with editorial teams to ensure correct building and coding of all story elements within the running order and ensuring this is reflected in the automation rundown.
- You’ll be able to swiftly evaluate, decide and implement rapid changes effectively, through succinct and clear communication and adapt coding live to maintain the sky standard broadcast
- Work closely with the editorial teams to ensure the look and feel of the output maintains the standards of Sky
- Liaise with internal and external production teams to gather programme requirements, and work with SPS staff and Senior Automation Director to build automation workflows to support these programme requirements
- Work with management and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities.
- Overcome on the day technical issues and equipment failure
- Make sound decisions that always focus on what matters to our customer.
- Uphold company, legal and compliance guidelines.
- Drive an environment where people are treated with integrity and respect, people feel their contribution is recognised and valued, and where flexibility & innovation is encouraged.
- Follow & participate in Sky’s objective to be a safe and healthy workplace.
- You’ll lead by example, reflecting the Sky values, to create a high performing inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, empowering people to succeed.
- Be an ambassador for Sky Sports at all time
What you’ll bring:
- A genuine passion for TV production and strong familiarity of our brands and subject matters.
- Drive for technological innovation, and continuous proactive improvement.
- Team focussed and collaborative individual.
- Strong understanding of editorial requirements.
- Confident working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to make quick decisions, solve problems and remain calm under pressure.
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.