Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer in Sky Technology. The Finance platform bills over 10 million customers every month and this is an opportunity to work on high performance and volume solutions that require to be engineered to the highest quality.
This role will develop solutions to support Sky billing & payments as well as affordability and fraud management processes; protecting our customers’ data is key.
If you are an excellent communicator and have experience of software development and design of Java/J2EE, and SQL we would like to hear from you. We are happy to discuss flexible working.
What You’ll Do:
• Working closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Functional and Non-Functional Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
• Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
• Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/ functionality.
• Identifying unit and service test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
• Providing leadership to other members of the development team.
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
What You’ll Bring
• Development experience using REST, Java, J2EE and the Spring Framework.
• Demonstrable knowledge in developing SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle)
• Proven experience of leading small development initiatives.
• Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. JUnit)
• Familiar with service based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
• Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where You’ll Work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.