Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You’ll be a driving force for network reliability and work directly with other Engineering teams to manage network growth and change, help automate network workflows, measure network performance, drive improvements for availability and engineer reliability through Automation. You’ll also act as an Escalation point for 24/7 Network Operations team to resolve more complex issues & incidents and help build automated processes and tools to resolve operational challenges.
What you’ll do:
• Develop automated processes to measure KPI’s / SLA’s, analyse network performance and recommend improvements
• Help build automated tools for diagnostics, troubleshooting, proactive response to events ensuring reliability.
• Investigate, resolve, and track problems, minimise impact to the business and always keep availability and reliability of service(s) at the top
• Contribute to and perform failure analysis, identify root cause of Incidents and recommend/build automated solutions to avoid future occurrences.
• Collaborate and work with cross functional teams to identify reliability risks and drive automated ways to implement mitigations.
• Act as an escalation point (3rd Line/Tier-III) for operational shift teams to help resolve complex issues.
• Provide on-call support out of hours as per rota.
What you’ll bring:
• Proven experience of working in large scale ISP/Telco networks preferably in Design, Deployment or Support as Senior Network/IP/Automation Engineer or other similar roles.
• In-depth expert level knowledge of IP Routing Protocols (OSPF/ISIS/BGP/SR), Switching and MPLS based services is essential (CCIE-SP/R&S, JNCIE-SP is desired not mandatory)
• Prior experience in network reliability engineering capacity is highly preferable.
• Experience building network automation; programming Scripting experience at least one or more of the languages is desired (Bash, Python, Perl or Go).
• Excellent knowledge of carrier grade Cisco/Juniper/Nokia/Huawei routing/switching platforms with understanding of their architecture. [Cisco & Nokia desirable]
• Hands-on experience of working with IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, and NX-OS is desirable.
• Hands-on experience on Cisco & Nokia desirable (Huawei and F5 is a plus).
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design, and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.