Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Connect is a new, exciting division of Sky. We’re passionate about giving small businesses a better broadband experience and we’ve learnt everything we know from one of the leading providers of business broadband in the United States, Comcast. With an exciting, fast-paced start up environment, we’re looking for exceptional people, to help drive our business forward. And with the support of a truly trusting and collaborative team, you’ll grow alongside our business.
“We’re looking for creative individuals to join our team and gain exposure to some of the most exciting projects we’ve ever worked on within our Digital Infrastructure team, focusing ensuring our amazing Sky Connect website is providing our customers with the information they need,” Richard Walsh, Head of Digital Infrastructure
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that center around our customers needs
- Execute UX Design work that adheres to best practice UCD and brand standards across Sky’s Connect digital estate
- Support the Senior Designer to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule
- Create visual design that draws on your knowledge of modern UI design principles and techniques
- Demostrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX /UI and technology trends
- Work with stakeholder groups inside Sky’s Digital delivery function including product owners, engineers, researchers and copywriters
- Advocate the value of UX design and User Centered Design practices with stakeholders across the business
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things Design
- Collaborate with design and cross disciplinary teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work closely with the design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience with a specific focus on UX/UI
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different stakeholders across the organisation
- Solid experience of User Centered Design principles and methodologies, with an ability to create user journeys & flows; plus produce sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Solid understanding of human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to various platforms and devices
- Solid experience in creating and maintaining of Design systems with a keen eye for consistency of Sky’s connect online brand guidelines, principles, templates and assets
- Experience conduction and interpreting qualitative user research and quantitative analytics metrics to aid insight and data driven design
- Good understanding of the latest tools and applications such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative suite
- A proactive, self-driven individual that has an equally strong team ethos
- Not essential but preferred. Experience in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
- Not essential but preferred. Experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets
- Not essential but preferred. Experience of participating in discovery & design workshops, helping drive alignment and innovation through experiences we deliver
- Not Essential but preferred. Experience in global or Digital transformation programs within similar roles
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Osterley or Leeds
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyon social media.A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.