Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Monitoring Engineer role is responsible for developing and configuring effective monitoring and event management solutions to support the CRM platform within Sky. This specialist individual will ideally have a Dev Ops or similar background specialising in monitoring, but also be code-aware of mainstream enterprise languages such as Java. The role will be part of the CRM Support Team charged with driving improvements to infrastructure, application and service monitoring within IT.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate our existing production monitoring systems/tooling, identifying, designing and deploying improvements, or redevelopment where appropriate.
- Contribute to and drive the long term strategic monitoring solution for the CRM platform.
- Through monitoring and continuous learning, look to configure and adjust metrics to ensure appropriate coverage and alerting sensitivity.
- Be an integral part of our Support Team, designing monitoring & alerting coverage for new systems being developed by our feature teams.
- Interface monitoring systems with Sky’s Incident Management & alerting solutions, to ensure 24/7 teams have the detail they need to manage any production events.
- Assist in-depth analysis of platform issues, by linking multiple data sources to provide the insight needed for resolution.
- Serve as an Incident Management escalation point when called upon.
What you’ll bring:
- Practical experience of reviewing and configuring production-scale monitoring solutions
: ideally experience using App Dynamics, Dynatrace.
- Experience of using log parsing tools such as Kibana or Splunk.
- A flair for producing clear documentation, diagrams and reports reflecting trend analysis and the health of the platform.
- An understanding of L1/L2 event management within an Application Support environment.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.