Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will lead the team responsible for producing the consolidated financial results of the group for internal and external audiences, as well as ad hoc reporting requirements. You’ll oversee the operation of critical SOX controls for the group will partner to senior finance leaders across all the group’s territories on a regular basis and with our parent company, Comcast in the US. You will be an integral part of shaping the future of our Group Controllership function.
What you’ll do:
- Planning, overseeing and reviewing the production of the group monthly consolidated results
- Overseeing and reviewing reporting for internal audiences and for our US parent company
- Ensuring compliance with quarterly key reporting deliverables and controls
- Building strong relationships with colleagues across the UK, Italy and Germany finance teams to ensure information flow is fluid and clear both ways, challenging and advising where needed
- Oversight of planning and communications with local teams to ensure that instructions are understood and results can be produced accurately and on time
- Managing the integrity of the group consolidation process through close liaison with finance teams across the group
- Driving continual improvement projects to further improve the efficiency of the team and reduce control risk
- Managing requests for ad hoc financial reports from across the group
- Working closely with the group’s auditors to ensure a smooth audit process
- Exercise of internal governance and controls, ensuring key controls are operating effectively
What you’ll bring:
- You will be a qualified finance professional and will have experience of financial accounting and reporting from working in a large group financial reporting environment and/or from corporate audit of large clients
- A commitment to building a highly controlled and efficient process-driven environment
- Leadership experience within a Group Controllership team, motivating, inspiring and developing a team of like-minded finance professionals
- A desire for better ways of doing things and proactively taking ownership to see things through
- Experience working within a fast changing, high demand environment, with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Efficient and accurate delivery of reporting for a variety of stakeholders
- Strong track record of building great relationships with colleagues across a large, complex organisation
The Group Controllership team is responsible for producing the consolidated financial results of the Sky group and for the reporting of financials to our US parent company. The team also advises on financial accounting matters and the control environment underpinning the production of financial results. You will also deal with the group’s external auditors.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.