Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
The Data Engineering Manager for Visualisation will lead a team of analysts that take our various internal customer requests and turn them in to BI & MI products. You’ll actively look to consolidate our wide range of reports and solutions into modern, easy to digest, simple and effective self-service capabilities, as well as maintaining our existing reporting suites, to keep pace with business demand.
What you’ll do:
• Build a high performing team through coaching, mentoring, clear direction and effective management
• Ensure that your team are working in a common way, aligned with peers and the wider DTA, and that there is clear understanding of the role they play
• Management of your team’s workload and priorities, providing clear visibility, ensuring we have the right resource available to work within our squads – based not just on availability of resource, but with an eye on what is right to grow and develop our people. Help Identify, document and manage delivery risks and issues, ensuring we deliver against agreed timelines, quality standards and service levels
• Ensure your team are delivering against visualisation best practices, as well as internal and external regulatory & compliance standards, such as GDPR, internal audit and ITIL
• Work with architecture and engineering teams to help shape our future roadmap, keeping across industry BI & MI developments and products, to ensure that we get the best from our current technology and understand what impact new technologies can offer
• Significantly contribution towards the creation, maintenance and articulation to your team of a clear roadmap of how we consolidate and deprecate our legacy solutions, transitioning to self-service solutions, built on top of our core data platforms in the Cloud
What you’ll bring:
• Experience in managing development of on-prem and transitioning to cloud based self-service data product solutions
• A positive & enthusiastic, can do attitude, with a passion to do the right thing, questioning the status quo, to continually improve and add value to both what we do and how we do it
• Worked and managed in mixed methodology delivery models, including waterfall and Agile
• Excellent understanding and practical experience of complex SQL, data transformation, and 3rd party platforms, such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Data Studio.
• Extensive experience of large teams based on and off-shore, in a fast paced, highly demanding environment.
• A great communicator, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a wide range of people but also an analytical mind with a sharp eye for detail
Data, Tech & Analytics:
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.