Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
In the recently announced Sky and Viacom CBS joint venture, we will soon be launching SkyShowtime in a number of European markets and are looking for a Product Owner to manage our translation capabilities at significant scale.
The Product Owner role will support the wider Sky team on related deliverables under CAPEX funded projects and will have a core remit to own and manage his/her own product, often from conception through to execution. He/she will have responsibility for defining, delivering and managing a best in class translation experience for our SkyShowtime customers as well as other propositions that benefit from the product capability.
What you’ll do:
As the Translation Product Owner, you’ll have a key role working between the business and technology teams of the Global OTT team. You’ll be responsible for defining business requirements, scoping product enhancements and driving changes to customer service technology and processes across the SkyShowtime markets, as well as our centrally supported markets, including UK, ROI, AU, ES and US.
You will be supporting the work on roadmap and OPEX related projects that align with to our business objectives and team KPIs, and will be required to:
• Inform the strategic direction of the Service Technology based on clear commercial rationale and robust analysis or insights with a focus on your product area
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and support teams, such user experience specialists, to optimise existing capabilities as well as creating new ones
• Take ownership of measurement and reporting across the translation capabilities, using data-driven insights to deliver enhancements to the experience and performance.
• Provide support for strategic roadmap projects, working alongside other product leads within the service and business operations.
• Understand the business objectives and requirements across Central OTT, local team Operations, Digital, CRM and Technology teams
• Help define excellent requirements for the CRM Scrum Team, Digital and Operations stakeholders across our Central OTT coverage
• Lead development of critical new initiatives around automation, artificial intelligence and continuous process Improvement
What you’ll bring:
• We’re looking for someone who is passionate, has a great eye for spotting the improvements we could make for our customers and with a solid understanding of what makes a successful operations tick.
• Experience as technology product owner is required
• You have a background which includes exposure to Salesforce as our core service platform (at least at a foundational level).
• You’ll have excellent networking and communication skills, the ability to manage several different projects and stakeholders simultaneously, all the while ensuring everything is prioritised according to business needs.
• You should be able to demonstrate your ability to gather and define requirements through interviews, workshops and manage senior stakeholders across the business vertical.
• Previous experience of working in multi-national and multi-lingual organisation would be desirable.
• An ability in defining & shaping operational technology that derive positive customer experiences and sustainable commercial solutions.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.