Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Can you deliver the biggest, most original and exclusive stories in world sport? Do you have first-class broadcasting skills? Is your contacts book the best in the business?
If you can (honestly) answer: Yes, Yes, Yes.. then we’d like to talk to you about becoming the Chief Reporter for Sky Sports News.
The role requires an individual with the experience and confidence to be the most high-profile journalist in the organisation. You’ll report on the stories that truly matter to sports fans and lead our coverage at next winter’s FIFA World Cup in Qatar, at the Women’s Euros here in England, the Commonwealth Games and, of course, SSN’s landmark Transfer Deadline Days.
It’s a brilliant job that requires a brilliant journalist to do it.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and liaise with the Sky Sports News Senior Reporter team.
- Work with Senior Producers and Senior News Editor to set out editorial priorities.
- Work with Bespoke Content team on big projects.
- Responsible for delivering original news lines and stories to all platforms on a consistent basis.
- Create, develop and maintain key contacts/relationships in the sporting world in order to consistently break significant stories across all SSN platforms.
- Regularly attend major Sky Sports News events as requested.
- May be required to deputise for Senior News Editor or Senior Producer.
- Part of the SSN senior team you will attend management meetings and be a newsroom leader.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of producing linear & digital content in a fast-paced environment (ideally a sports broadcaster or major news agency) with tight deadlines is essential.
- Experience of being a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Demonstrate excellent contacts across the sporting world; with the ability to build trust to break & develop stories.
- Experience of building relationships with internal & external stakeholders is essential.
- Experience of leading small teams; displaying strong people management skills plus good verbal and written communications skills.
- Display industry-leading, live reporting, interview and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a strong news sense with excellent editorial judgement, quickly assessing a good story/picture for our customer & business.
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to work unsociable hours and a desire to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary.
- Experience of being an internal & external ambassador for a leading organisation.
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.