Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Responsible for the effective implementation and running of Sky Studios Elstree (SSE) operational processes, systems, production facilities and admin to ensure seamless on-site service for all users, the Operations Manager is a key conduit between the Client Services, Facilities, H&S, Finance and other business teams. Creating an essential link across day-to-day activities, they will ensure client needs are met whilst delivering on the objectives of the Studios. As a key point of contact for Clients working at SSE, and they will be passionate about ensuring all Clients have a best-in-class experience whilst on site.
What you’ll do:
- Supporting the Head of Operations in ensuring operational controls are maintained across the site at all times, whilst delivering the highest level of user experience to all SSE clients
- Day to day contact for facilities and services, aligning productions with Facilities management and Sky Spaces
- Working in partnership with Client Services team to optimise site utilisation and continuously find opportunities to improve efficiency
- Identifying, tracking, reviewing and improving on key performance metrics across the Operations and Facilities teams
- Aligning with Commercial Finance to provide regular reports as required by SSE and Sky Studios in support of business case delivery and ongoing OpEx and CapEx planning
- Departmental lead on booking system management and maintenance
- Owns and ensures documentation of key processes, standard operating procedures, policy documents and client information packs are maintained and updated by the relevant dept
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of operational experience, ideally in a production facilities environment, solving complex operational problems
- Strong understanding of production workflow across bookings/scheduling/ production process
- Process focused; able to interface and provide relevant documentation/reports for all business areas, at all levels
- Superior project management skills, can prioritize and execute multiple complex projects at the same time
- Delivery focused and solution orientated; quick to respond/act
- Strong computer literacy across Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to learn and adapt to multiple production/facility systems
- Desire to support young and diverse talent development in the industry is ideal
Sky Studios Elstree
Sky Studios Elstree will provide a new home for Britain’s thriving production sector and much needed studio space for Europe’s brightest talent. Not only will it enable Sky to double its investment in Sky Originals, it will also play host to major film productions from NBCUniversal.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Sky Studios Elstree, Hertfordshire:
Opening in early 2022, Sky Studios Elstree will become the beating production heart for new Sky Originals and Hollywood blockbusters from NBCUniversal. The studio lot and office space features cutting-edge technology, screening rooms, landscaped gardens and is set to be the world’s most sustainable film and TV studio.
It’s easy to get to Sky Studios Elstree. You can hop on a free electric shuttle bus to and from Elstree and Borehamwood station, or park your car or bike on-site. When you’re here, make sure you grab a coffee or lunch in our subsidised café and sit in our central plaza surrounded by blockbuster-making sound stages.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.