Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky News digital video reaches millions of people on our owned and operated platforms, and tens of millions more on new and emerging third party, OTT and off platform sites.
We’re looking for someone to work with our television and digital output teams to curate and showcase the very best Sky News video – from breaking news to news-making interviews and documentaries – across our On Demand platforms including Sky Q, Sky Catch Up, Apple TV, Roku, YouTube and more.
This role is a key part of the On Demand team that helps grow our UK and international audiences who watch on demand content on television screens, mobile and web. It’s a great chance to enter the Sky Newsroom and will give you the chance to build relationships across departments as well as developing your video editing and editorial skills.
People from our team have gone on to roles in television, radio, podcast creation and online.
What you’ll do:
- An outstanding journalist who can work as part of a dynamic digital team
- Someone who is comfortable making editorial decisions about Sky News content on Sky and third-party platforms
- Demonstrable experience in curating and editing content Work with a team of journalists and producers to implement data-led strategies to attract audiences to all Sky News’ digital platforms;
- An ability to problem-solve on your own and as part of a team to devise new and better ways of working;
- Creative and innovative ideas to bring to life our news coverage on YouTube, Apple TV, Roku, Sky News International and more;
What you’ll bring:
- An encyclopedic knowledge of current affairs.
- Demonstrable experience of video editing, content management systems, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of news audiences and their behaviours on different apps and platforms
- First class news-writing ability (including flawless written English), flair for headline writing, ability to spot a top line and a great eye for pictures and video.
- A full understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements
- Flexibility to work across a range of strands and platforms to support the 24/7 operation of Sky News
- Knowledge of the news media and emerging digital technologies
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.