Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Building a whole range of bikes, carrying out pre-delivery inspections and general repairs and servicing, we’ll support you to progress your technical skills with training and you’ll join a great team who love to have fun while helping our customers keep cycling.” – Sports Shop Manager
What you’ll do:
• Repair, check, and fix bikes following British standards
• Keep the bench and the workshop clean.
• Provide feedback about bicycles and be a part of the Sports Shop team
• Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of the Sports Shop when you deal with customers.
• Assist with related material (such as bicycle accessories, tools, tour preparation materials) and inventory management as needed.
•Always Present a professional appearance and attitude and maintain an excellent standard of customer service.
What you’ll bring:
• Previous customer service experience.
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of road and mountain bike maintenance and repair.
• Knowledge of current road and mountain bike developments.
• Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff.
• Able to work independently and on own initiative.
• Highly desireable is a Cytech 2 or Cytech level 3 qualification, an S-TEC Certification or Trek Guide Certification
Property Service Group
Our job in the Property Service Group is to help everyone be their best. We provide people with the things that make their lives at Sky just a little bit easier – from great working environments to subsidised gyms, from fantastic food and drink options to top quality cycling and life style services. Our goal is to make Sky a brilliant place to work which is a massive operation – Sky doesn’t stand still, and neither do we.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.