Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating forward-thinking customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as transforming the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of forward-thinking design specialists working across multiple channels – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.” – Alan Abbott, Executive Creative Director
What you’ll do:
• Support the Head of Design for Group Sky Design Team in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction.
• Line manage UI designers, becoming the first port of call for inspiration, guidance, advice and support.
• Shape the teams’ ability to improve core skills, identifying and enabling opportunities for career growth through empowerment.
• Support the design team in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking user experience direction for our products, ensuring it’s in line with wider product and brand strategy and constantly breaking new ground.
• Learn from and implement external best practice and thinking on how we improve the creative UI output through more efficient specialist tools, and processes.
• Work with partner groups both inside and outside the Group Sky Design team at product owner, and senior manager level
• Nurture a creative culture. Be a champion for creative thinking throughout the team.
• Lead by example by setting a benchmark for what good looks like through clarity and an innovative approach to your creative output.
• Working with the team, stakeholders and colleagues to elevate our ‘final product’.
What you’ll bring:
• Extensive experience with a specific focus on UI design
• Experience in running collaboration sessions via discovery workshops, helping drive alignment and innovation through experiences we deliver.
• Proficient with the latest tools and software such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, or Adobe creative suite.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organization.
• As obsessed with the finer detail as they are with the creative vision. Striving to deliver pixel perfect designs, that deliver.
• A keen interest in current trends in design and communications and the ability to turn them in to cutting edge realities.
• Experience working within a high-pressure delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets.
• Proficient with the latest tools and applications such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, or Adobe creative suite.
• Experience designing for TV an advantage, but not essential.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.