We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, exceeding targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Based in Leeds, in one of the largest digital hubsin the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to live and work.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeatSkyon LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work. As we’re growing, we’re seeking a Head of Software Engineering in Digital Technology in Leeds to create and develop multi-disciplined teams of experts to deliver software and solutions for our multi-million pound programmes of work.
What you’ll do
- Overall accountability for your teams’ deliveries against timescales, quality metrics and solution design principles.
- Accountable for the technical excellence of our software engineering delivery function through implementation of modern engineering practices.
- Accountable for the quality of your teams’ deliveries by ensuring resiliency, performance and supportability are at the heart of the work delivered.
- Establish and maintain an effective workingrelationship with key stakeholders across Sky and challenge them to ensure they are engaged accordingly on technical initiatives.
- Be able to challenge the technical aspects of the work we do and drive our focus on quality design and delivery.
- Help define and drive the technology roadmapthrough engagement with the Head of Engineering while balancing commercial commitments.
- Build a diverse, cohesive and robust development team of approximately 90 people with clear ownership and responsibility, ensuring that structure and ownership is set up for success to meet Digital Transformation’s business and technical excellence objectives.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of managing teams to deliver high quality digital products / solutions that conform to agreed architecture principles, delivering business value within expected and agreed timeframes.
- Specialist in software delivery, with experience and knowledge of delivering large platforms through multidisciplined teams.
- Knowledge and experience delivering complex, high-budget technology initiatives in Agile, Waterfall and mixed-mode organisations across both web and back-end systems.
- An inclusive leader with boundless optimism, unwilling to tolerate mediocrity and passionate about quality and excellence.
- Track record of leading teams and demonstrable leadership qualities, such as delegation and coaching for appropriate outcomes.
- Passion for building high performing, multi-disciplinary technology teams.
- Organisational Awareness – knowledge of handling both internal stakeholders and counterparts in interfacing organisations. Ability to think of approaches beyond establishing traditional support arrangement boundaries for internal service
Digital Technology focuses on technology strategy, design, and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from:
- Hybrid working options
- Private health care
- Generous pension scheme
- Free Sky Q Premium package
- Discounted Sky Mobile and Sky Broadband packages
- Free access to the Sky VIP loyalty programme
- Access to Sky Benefits Extra for exclusive discounts from over 800 top and everyday retailers
As if that’s not enough, our impressive Leeds Dock campus offers a variety of other perks including a pool table, ping-pong tables, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky.
We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Believe in better.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.