Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a Senior Technical Analyst/Technical Product Owner, you will act as the customer proxy in an Agile scrum team accountable for ensuring that the customer’s needs are at the heart of everything delivered primarily by defining, prioritising and accepting user stories in the Team Backlog.
This product focused role is the bridge between the technology and the business teams. If you’re passionate about data, enjoy capturing customer’s needs and translating these requirements into technical solutions and have a good grasp of product ownership, this role is for you. As PO you’ll need to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people, so sharp communication and the ability to tailor feedback to both development teams and internal customers will be key.
What you’ll do:
• Represent the customer within the scrum team on a day-to-day basis attending all scrum team agile ceremonies as required
• Take responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog
• Act as the main product technical decision maker
• Work with the wider Product Management function in the department to ensure that the work the team is doing aligns to the overall product and business priorities
• Develop and grow expert knowledge of the data platform and its various integrations, ensuring business requirements are met in technical solutions
• Attend other Agile Release Train ceremonies and wider department as necessary to ensure business priorities are met and subject matter expertise is shared
What you’ll bring:
• Experience of working as a Product Owner in an agile delivery environment including leading backlog refinement sessions, writing user stories, participating in sprint planning and shaping/providing feedback in sprint demos
• Confidence to ask the right questions to understand a proposed technical approach and challenge where necessary to ensure alignment to the business’ needs
• Proven ability to develop close working relationships with stakeholders including Data Intelligence Product Owners (our internal customers), Platform Engineers and Architects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex technical information in clear everyday business language to both technical and non-technical audiences
• An understanding of data lifecycle, with the ability to gain a deep understanding of system & data architecture and end-to-end flows across multiple systems
• Experience in Data Warehouse or big data working in large, complex technical delivery environment
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time, or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.