Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will work in a cross functional team of skilled engineers building software to manage infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes as a basis for a PaaS offering, driving the automated CI/CD strategy across the organisation, and building tooling and operators to deliver key capabilities for engineering teams across Sky and NBCU (Peacock).
What you’ll do:
• Be responsible for the consumer facing team on the strategic internal Kubernetes based platform as a service offering
• Be responsible for delivery, be involved in the full lifecycle of evolving ideas into running solutions, and ensuring that results are consumer focused
• Gain a deep understanding of the technology, workflows, and capabilities of the platform, helping new teams onboard successfully
• Coordinate and run initiatives to grow consumer engagement, ensuring that the platform can best meet the needs of the consumers
• Coordinate mentoring and up-skilling of new team members, running and engaging with initiatives to grow the department
What you’ll bring:
• A solid technical background working with software engineering or SRE teams with a delivery focus, and a strong grasp on containerisation, ideally Kubernetes
• A customer focus and aim to innovate, try new things, and improve on what is existing
• A pragmatic and broad approach to engineering with and strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience working with a variety of teams
• Line management and leadership experience
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.