Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you’ll do:
• Work with other departments including, Sports, Sky production Services News and Technology to deploy and commission best of breed systems supporting enhanced (including remote) production in Sky Studios and the wider field.
• Provide input to Sky’s cloud production platform strategy, defining the underlying technology platform for live production that efficiently uses IP connected equipment to its fullest capacity.
• Working with production teams to understand their workflow requirements and how those translate into best and efficient practice in an IP world.
• Work with 3rd party service providers (OB and Delivery) to align their service proposition to the defined workflows.
• Maintain a knowledge of the latest technology standards and vendor roadmap.
• Understand budget constraints and what we can achieve for the funding available.
What you’ll bring:
• Understanding of relevant industry Protocols and standards for IP signal transport, control, and communication.
• Good knowledge of SD/HD/UHD/MPEG-4 AVC /H264, MPEG-5 HEVC Video Standards.
• Proven understanding of Dolby E and Dolby Digital, Dolby ED-2 ac-4 Audio Standards.
• An understanding of networks TCP/IP/UDP/RTP/SRT and VLAN configuration, encapsulation of Transport Streams into IP
• Good knowledge and infrastructure as deployed for broadcast with previous experience of production workflows in live television.
• You will have a proven track record in delivering remote production technical solutions into Support and Operational teams.
• An industry insight of future technologies and how they could be utilised to positive effect on television production.
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.