We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This position will form part of an exciting new Sky team reporting into the Smart Technology Engineering Lead. The role will be part of the Sky Software Engineering team. It will be responsible for Software development activities associated with the Sky Consumer business.
We’re looking for a Systems Developer to join our team, designing, building and optimising backend functions and services as we scale our cloud-based, platforms and deliver services to our partners and customers in Europe.
Where you’ll work:
Our base is the amazing Sky campus in Osterley, and although we bring the team together regularly, Sky’s flexible Hybrid Working approach means you won’t need to live within commuting distance
What you’ll do:
As a senior member of the team, you will have an influential voice in our solution architecture, technology selection and product strategy, along with the scope to develop your skills and experience in several directions as the business grows.
What you’ll bring:
- Working as a senior-level developer who can get up to speed quickly and bring additional hands-on experience to our team.
- An excellent communicator, accustomed to operating in small, distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solution-focused, always thinking of the overall objective and understanding the meaning of done means done.
- Ready to guide and support other team members when needed, as well as reaching out when things aren’t going your way.
- Experience as a back-end developer in a commercial environment with expert knowledge of Ruby (with and without Rails) OR demonstrated experience with at least one similar language
- Taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to completion
- TDD with build/test automation
- Both project-led and agile/scrum environments
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyon social media.A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.