Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Connect is a new, exciting division of Sky. We’re passionate about giving small businesses a better broadband experience and we’ve learnt everything we know from one of the leading providers of business broadband in the United States, Comcast. With an exciting, fast-paced start up environment, we’re looking for outstanding people, to help drive our business forward. And with the support of a truly trusting and collaborative team, you’ll grow alongside our business.
“Driving elements of the Sky Connect connectivity (Broadband, 4G Back-up, and WiFi) product portfolio, with responsibility for both in-life performance and the development roadmap. As the importance of reliable and ultrafast connectivity for SMEs increases, we are looking for an individual who can manage Sky Connect’s connectivity portfolio, be the voice of broadband and ethernet in Sky Connect’s division, own the customer experience for connectivity products and drive the development and competitiveness of our offering,” Director of Product, Alexandra Sewell
What you’ll do:
This role will manage a wide portfolio of connectivity products (including broadband, failover solutions and on-premise Wi-Fi), from inception to closure. The central responsibility for the role will be to improve the performance of the core connectivity portfolio, whilst managing the customer experience to achieve improving customer metrics, resulting in increased profitability. Further on, Product Manager will lead a range of new product development initiatives, working alongside technical & proposition teams to scope, build and deliver outstanding, market leading solutions to address customer challenges. It is also essential to work closely with data insight to manage continuous improvements of the product. Being extremely tuned to the customer needs is vital to ensure the business is aware of the key issues that are driving cost, with appropriate actions to mitigate and to generate ideas to grow ARPU.
- Define and manage the SOGEA / FTTP vision & roadmap E2E to constantly maintain the market advantage of Sky Connect’s products, including but not limited to developing, launching and maintaining core connectivity, failover & WiFi solutions focusing on best-in-class customer experience.
- Directly responsible for initiating product development, from ideation through to deployment including business case development, rationalising scope/MVP, partnering with tech to work through solution(s) and supporting the development of pricing, packaging strategies through to deployment
- Take personal responsibility for managing the connectivity product base by finding opportunities to improve product performance, developing strategies, and delivering proposed changes by building cross-functional, virtual teams and monitoring performance.
- Ensure the product proposition meets customer expectations and maximises product performance and profitability by developing actionable insights from sales, service, and direct customer feedback
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as partners and suppliers, working to tight timescales and managing uncertainty and rapid changes.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain positive vendor relationships that result in ongoing product innovation
- Act as a centre for product expertise and its evolution: economics, regulation, technology, supplier, and industry development.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and use a spirit of innovation to deliver a superior service.
- Have a real passion for software and technology, a focused self-starter with a positive attitude whilst running multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, thriving in a dynamic and complex environment
- Support the Director of Product in C-Level presentations and meetings to articulate complex Product strategy
- Be fully responsible for our biggest revenue generating products owning the product roadmap from planning, delivering and executing
What you’ll bring:
- E2E Product Management experience with proven success in managing a connectivity product portfolio
- Experience / knowledge of the telecom market, especially core connectivity, failover and WiFi
- Experience launching new products and maintaining profitability with core focus on product lifecycle management
- Think commercially and strategically with strong analytical and modelling skills
- Excellent communication, presentation & partner management skills
- Ability to make decisions in fast paced environment and execute at speed
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.